Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Uh Oh, Airplane

Thursday, September 30, 2010



Charlie's transition from being the baby, to being the Big Brother, has been rough and tough, and- well, a lot like his new toy airplane, I guess.

My Grammy, wonderful as ever, sent a package in the mail.

A package just for Charles.
Completely unexpected and so very thoughtful.

Eleanore gets little cards and notes in the mail all the time (which we all love), but Charlie... well sometimes I hand him a credit card offer and make up a story about how it came specially for him, and how hes now the King of Mars.

He believes me, like any other almost-two-year-old would, but- its just not the same as really being King of Mars, ya know?

I wish you were really the King of Mars Charlie!
Mommy wishes she could give that to you.

Ok right, so anyways-
I need out of the house, huh?



Look at what my Grammy made for him?

She made him an entire little fabric town! Alright, so I only took a picture of the bakery, which I didn't realize until after I had uploaded everything, but- there is a farm, an airport, parking lots, roads, train tracks... and its all fabric!!

She also sent some fun little cars and trucks and planes and things- that my Grandpa had picked out. And apparently he had wayyy too much fun doing so.

So there I am, driving my cement truck to the bakery, talking about how "we need to buy almond butter cookies, and they have gluten free doughnuts, and OH! They have a discount section!", when...



Charlie STOMPS my doughnut dreams into the floorboards beneath the town.

Meanie.

And then, he starts driving on me.



The Mommy Highway.

Take a hard left to Baby Ville.
Get ready for it, Evelyn.



I think her face says it all.

But even with her "Seriously?" looks, and body language, a cement truck has to do, what a cement truck has to do.



And it just so happens that on this day, during this playtime, the cement truck had to park on Evelyn's tummy.

Sorry kid.
Your brother makes the rules when we're playing cars.
Mommy has no say.



So he laughs and giggles and takes full advantage of the fact that his older sister is still in time out in her bedroom upstairs.

Nobody to invade his space.
Nobody to spoil his fun.
Nobody to steal his cars.


He picks up this car, that car, five cars at once.
Drops them to the ground, just to see which wheels pop off and which ones don't.

The tractor, by the way, is in the "does" category.



He hoards his vehicles. Just like his Papa Frank.
Nobody will laugh at that, except for my Aunt Laurie.
My dad has like 9,000 junkers.


Charlie's favorite toy out of the bunch?
His new toy airplane of course.

But because he plays too rough with things...



The airplane crashed, mid flight, and lost a wing.

He picked it up.
"Uh oh! Uh oh plane! Uh oh!", he shouted.

He carried it to me, Uh Oh'd a few more times, and after I explained how we don't throw our toys because they can break, and we can't always fix them, he parked his cute overall coated butt on the play mat next to the art easel, and attempted to fix the plane himself.



Look past his blurry toes, to the determination on his face.

He will fix that plane, he must have assured himself.



But just like Mommy had said...

Not everything can be fixed.
Even if it is a brand new toy airplane sent all the way from California.

But wait a minute!!



We've still got the cement truck!!

And the tractor, and the school bus, and all of your other cars and trucks- don't forget about those.

Well, the ones that your sister hasn't hidden from you, at least.
Check inside of the shoe basket.

Playtime with your new town blanket sure was fun Charlie, but you're on your own now. Its time for Evelyn to eat.

Unless...



Maybe cement truck needs to refuel too?
Hah!

Oh Charlie.


***
This blog post was brought to you by the Boppy pillow on my lap supporting the sleeping baby wrapped up in the warmest blanket in the house (please stay asleep long enough for me to respond to some emails), and the children halfway-napping upstairs.

18 comments:

Alyssa S. September 30, 2010 at 2:15 PM  

Aw, don't Grammies rock? He looks SO happy, even if his airplane broke.

Unknown September 30, 2010 at 2:52 PM  

aww what a wonderful gift she sent! And smart idea about the credit card offer letters... I might have to try that one.

Baby sleeping on the Boppy-on-the-lap computer time is the best!

Jessica September 30, 2010 at 3:31 PM  

awww, how sweet of them to get him something just for him!

CourtneyKeb September 30, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

This made me really excited to be having a boy! So fun!

considerthelillies September 30, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

oh Charlie is just too irresistible!He looks so serious trying to fix the airplane. Kavi has been obsessed with cars since he was just a few months old it seems! Oh the fun car playing times those two could have!

considerthelillies September 30, 2010 at 8:15 PM  

btw, Evelyn is an absolute doll!!!!

beka September 30, 2010 at 8:56 PM  

Oh gosh, I love her face!! So Christopher!! LOL

becca.elpy September 30, 2010 at 8:57 PM  

i LOVE the photo of charlie that opens this post. and it brought back memories as my brother had one or two of those fabric mat towns that we'd lay out in the living room and run his hot wheels cars over for hours. *sigh*

and evie's getting so big!

They call me mommy... September 30, 2010 at 9:50 PM  

Aww! yay for little man! That is the sweetest gift ever!Adorable pictures as usual (I LOVE the last few...tooo cute)He is so precious! Oh and by the way you are very multi-tastic momma! (:

- Jessi - September 30, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

I love the first picture! He's so cute!

Lisa@goodknits October 1, 2010 at 12:19 AM  

ohmagosh, he's nursing his truck. SO CUTE!

R Montalban October 1, 2010 at 4:23 AM  

These are so so cute, what a fantastic face, love it and it can't help me smile :-)

Charmaine Poulin October 1, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

awesome post!!!!! i love how you have photos for the whole story!

Rogue Wild October 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM  

aaawwww I love the expressions on his face!! And I sigh as I remember laying on the floor playing cars with T. Such a long time ago! Boys are so much fun =o)

Jessie C October 4, 2010 at 4:32 PM  

Omg, so cute and I love how he has a plane on his outfit!

Jessie C October 4, 2010 at 4:33 PM  

Omg, so cute and I love how he has a plane on his outfit!

Post a Comment