Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

(never a) Wordless Wednesday: Pretty In Pink

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

(So by now you've probably noticed that my attempt at participating in the weekly meme, "Wordless Wednesday", had turned out to be a failure. Every Wednesday when it comes time to post, it ends up being quite the opposite. It appears that I end up having even more to say on hump day, than I do any other day of the week.)

(See I save my very best set of pictures for Wednesdays, and you know I can't just let them go unspoken for. Out of this, has evolved never a Wordless Wednesday.)

(So thats the explanation of that.)



(Something doesn't look quite right here, does it? Its almost as if... Miss Eleanore might be in need of a little bit of color, splashed into those blank fingers and toes?)



(Well that idea must have just tickled her, says the fit of blurry giggles.)



(Ok ok, now that all the sillys are out- lets get this show on the road.)

(Wait... what are we doing again?)

(Oh right. "Painting-my-nails-just-like-I-do-with-the-pretend-nail-polish-thats-in-my-dress-up-eeeeeeeee!!!!!!" says Eleanore.)



(When I was at Target over the weekend, I went in search of the most perfect fingernail polish they had. Not for me, but just for the little Miss. See, sometimes I forget what being a girl is all about. Its easy to do, when my hands are constantly submerged in bread dough and diapers, at separate times of course, but- one of the key ingredients to feeling pretty, when you're almost 4 years old, that is, has got to be having pretty painted fingernails. Shame on me for having forgotten that.)

(So I went up and down the aisles, cringing at the $6 bottles of color that I knew would most likely dry up and find their way into the garbage by this time next year. Just as I was about to give in and buy one, my hand literally hovering over the cart with it- I spotted a display of Hello Kitty cosmetics.)

(YES! Oh my gosh, yes! Thank you, yes.)

(... and yes.)

(I don't know Eleanore even knows who Hello Kitty is- who is she, by the way- but she loves her, and this would be perfect. The package contained 5 mini nail polishes, all in bright colors. She'd love love love it.)

(I put back the bottle of $6 trendy "radish", and into the cart went the $4.99 assortment of Hello Kitty colors.)



(As Eleanore sat there anxiously on her bed, leaning over the edge looking down at the mysterious bottles of paint that I had lined up on top of her drawer, Kitty came in for a visit.)

(Oh okay, Kitty. Theres always time for a little pet pet.)

("Bomber, Mommy is going to paint my fingernails now, so you have to go away, because you're a cat and you can't play, okay?" she says in her adult I'm-about-to-do-something-very-important, voice.)



(She was a little nervous, at first. Shes not the type of girl that likes to get dirty. Even something as simple as picking up a piece of pizza or a sandwich, disgusts her- she can't stand the feeling of anything on her skin.)



(I let her pick her color, and she chose "red".)

(I pulled the drawer out, since it seemed to be the perfect place for her to rest her feet, explained to her that she wouldn't feel a thing, but to hold very still- and then began dipping and painting.)



(And would you look at that! Within minutes, she had the pain free pretty pink tootsies of a princess.)

(Yes Miss Elie, you can still walk with your feet, the paint won't impair that, I promise. See- touch it, its all dry.)

(Now... lets do your fingers too.)



(Again, with the nervousness. Would it hurt? Would it feel differently on her fingers than it did on her toes? But, but, but...)

(But she held still like a big girl, and she let me do it.)



(She kept her fingers very stiff, at first. If she wiggled them too much, they might break, right?)



(And thats what the cat has to say about that.)

(Eventually, things started returning to normal. The feeling came back to her fingertips, and her toes touched the ground once again. I promised her, that the carpet wouldn't erase it, nor would the wind.)



(And that, my friends, is one happy little girl.)

17 comments:

Unknown June 23, 2010 at 11:35 AM  

Oh my goodness... absolutely, ridiculously ADORABLE!!

CourtneyKeb June 23, 2010 at 11:47 AM  

She looks so old in these pictures. Like bigger than 3.

Must be the nail polish! ;)

Unknown June 23, 2010 at 12:02 PM  

Sooooo sweet! The pictures are just so vibrant and adorable, and I love the paintings you have on her wall!

Amy June 23, 2010 at 12:33 PM  

I'm so glad you zoomed out a bit on that last shot and included those little birdie prints... they're super cute!

(as is miss Eleanor!)

Lacey June 23, 2010 at 1:04 PM  

YAY for girlie things!

You won some seriously cool Mama points today. At least two!

Chana@ Mamma Town June 23, 2010 at 1:39 PM  

I agree with Courtney! I was going to say she looks SO mature in these pics, like a 6 or 7 year old! Such a beautiful little darling you have! Great job!

Mrs Mar June 23, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

Your (wordless) wensdays are so fun to red.

My gril is 4 and we still don't have any nail polish, though I know she would LOVE hallo kitty nail polish. Hay, I don't even know who hallo kitty is, other then its is a cat ;)

Chelsey - The Paper Mama June 23, 2010 at 6:30 PM  

Ok. LOVED all of these photos. What a journey. I always pick red too. :)

I love your "wordless" wednesdays.

Andrea Hatfield June 23, 2010 at 7:25 PM  

She is adorable! I think she looks a lot like Christopher.

Oh how I wish I had a little girl! So fun!

Colleen June 23, 2010 at 9:02 PM  

You're such a good mommy! (And a good bargain hunter too.) I love the way you set up the shots. The colors of the nail polish go so well with the art on the wall and the knobs on the drawers.

She looks so happy too!

Danielle @ We Have It All June 23, 2010 at 10:19 PM  

She's a cutie, I love her red toes! Don't forget about "Bon Bons" (little tiny bottles of a bagillion colors for a buck at Walmart...you know, in the little see-thru buckets)

Alita June 24, 2010 at 8:08 AM  

At the risque of sounding envious...

AWWWWWWWWWW she's so flippin cute! There are times that I do wish I had a daughter for so many reasons. Eleanor is adorable! What great captures, Tia!

Memoirs of a Mental Mind June 24, 2010 at 7:04 PM  

Too cute! Love the birdie photos on her wall. :) I want a girl!! (boo..hiss..pout..) you lucky you! ;)

beka June 26, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

I can't tell you how much I'm loving the adorableness of the pictures in your header and sidebar.....what can I say? I've been away from blog-world for nearly a week:)

Such a cute girl she is!

beka June 26, 2010 at 10:36 PM  

p.s. I LOVE the blankets/sheets on her bed. My gosh.

Unknown June 29, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

so beyond totally cute!!!
I LOVE HK and must get the nail polishes asap... for myself lol! Loved your feature over on paper mama... I'm a new follower :)

Post a Comment