Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

7 Things About Us

Saturday, January 16, 2010

I have to admit it, I'm horrible with accepting blog awards, or participating in fun little "tag, you're it" type games. I always get excited when somebody leaves me the link to a "happy blog award" (really, I get giddy), yet... it completely slips my mind and I never properly accept it. I'm going to try to start being better about that. Because as nice as it is to have been given these fun button style certificates, its got to be even more fun to pass them out to other bloggers.

The other day I was tagged over at Sweet Fancy. Her blog is always filled with house warming inspirations, and I always click away feeling like I need more pillows for my beds and couches (ok we only have one couch, but someday we'll have grown up furniture, and I'll want pillows, I just know it). I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself. Probably 7 things that you don't already know, otherwise this game wouldn't be very much fun, would it? Well I don't think its fair to tell you things about just me, so I'm going to tell y'all 7 things about Christopher and Tia. We're a team after all, and by now you're probably all wondering if Sasquatch really does exist, hee hee.

(picture taken the summer of 2005 at Moxie Java in Boise Idaho, after being together for about a year)


1. We met at a Taco Bell drive thru. Christopher was the night supervisor, and I was hungry. It was the first time I ever felt the need to force my phone number upon somebody, and rather than just writing it down on a napkin and throwing it away, he went into the back and came back with his cell phone in hand, all ready for programming in a new contact. Its been love (a rocky sort of love at times) ever since.

2. We had our wedding vows tattooed on our bodies for our one year wedding anniversary. Mine are on my left forearm, and his are on the back of his right calf. We got them done at Screamin' Ink, here in Abilene, back in 2007. I constantly get asked what my arm says, followed by "why is it upside down?". Well its upside down, so that I can read it. I didn't get my wedding vows tattooed on my arm for you, silly world.

3. We never went on a honeymoon. When we got married in March of 2006, we were in the 3rd month of our first pregnancy, we were broke, and we were about to go our separate ways for the beginning of the rest of our lives. In other words, I didn't feel good, we didn't have enough money for one, and Christopher was about to leave for his military training.

4. Our first big purchase that we made together, was our $75 yellow Kenmore vacuum. We purchased it at the Lloyd Center Sears in Portland, and after all this time (ok it hasn't been that long I guess, 5 years-ish), we still have it.

5. We love end of the world movies. Love them. Crappy made for tv ones, big screen world explosion ones, we go crazy for them. Somehow, we haven't seen 2012 yet (I say somehow like its an actual mystery. We don't have a regular babysitter, and we're pathetic when it comes to getting out of the house for date nights). Personally, when I stop to think about the world actually coming to an end, I can't breathe and curl up into a little ball (the thought of my babies not living out full lives makes drives me insane), but I love nothing more than sitting back and watch it happen on tv.

6. We're lactose intolerant. Not just me and Christopher, but both of the kids as well. Like I said yesterday on Twitter... cows milk is dirty!

7. We've never been camping. Growing up as a kid, I went camping with my family multiple times every summer, I have some of my very best memories from camping trips, but now as adults, we don't even own sleeping bags. Maybe after we've left Texas (I don't know, but scorpions and rattlesnakes just aren't my thing, and I know that there seem to be way more of them outside of our luxurious house), we'll make it into more of a habit. I bet the kids would love it. And by then, they'll be old enough to do dishes (heee).

Now, to tag a few other folks that I hope will play along...

1. Such Is My Life
2. Pickles On Pizza
3. Muddy Boots
4. The Girl Made From Color
5. Maria Soleil
6. Good Knits!
7. Mommy Elephants Everyday Adventures

Have a great weekend everybody!

11 comments:

Casey January 16, 2010 at 12:05 PM  

Do you know where you're moving yet?
If you do end up in N.California, we know ALL the good camping spots!
You HAVE to take the kids, they will love it!

jessicajane January 16, 2010 at 1:35 PM  

tim and i have never been camping either. we talk about it all the time and i have wanted to go...but we just havent went. he recently said that he doesnt want to go camping cause he does it at work. (when he is out training)

we never had a honeymoon either. I am hoping that we can save some money while Tim is on this deployment and we can go somewhere nice when he gets back next year.

(disorder) January 16, 2010 at 1:36 PM  

That is a framed and hanging on your wall quality photo. Cheers.

MariaSoleil January 16, 2010 at 1:45 PM  

Thanks for tagging me ~ now I have something to write about for tomorrow!!

jonahbonah January 16, 2010 at 2:26 PM  

I love that picture of you too! SO cute!

Melissa

soul_searching_mama January 16, 2010 at 8:14 PM  

That is a really awesome photo of you two! :) Things I really like from this blog post: that you met at a Taco Bell drive thru, your matching wedding vow tattoos, and the yellow vacuum cleaner. :) I am terrified of end-of-the-world movies. You guys should really go camping at some point (in the northwest, I agree about not camping in Texas) - we love it! In fact, our honeymoon was actually camping at several places down the Oregon coast. SO pretty! :)

Giggly January 16, 2010 at 8:45 PM  

Those are fun facts! I love that you guys met in a Taco Bell drive through. :) We never had a honeymoon either...we never had a wedding either. We were just married in a courthouse. Ahhh to be young and poor....lol

Splendid Little Stars January 16, 2010 at 9:30 PM  

ooo...fun! Glad you posted this one!

Tia Colleen January 16, 2010 at 11:09 PM  

Casey, we're not moving anymore. His retraining was cancelled (they overfilled the positions). Looks like we'll be here for AT LEAST another 2 years. At that time, hes going to apply for retraining again.

Jessica, camping for work and camping with your wife are two completely different things, haha.

Melinda, aww thank you. I remember at the time, thinking it was an awful picture. But here I am 5 years later, so glad that we have it.

Yay Maria, you're going to play along!

Thanks Melissa. I like how it was taken in black and white. Its rare that we actually TAKE photos in black and white, rather than just editing them with software.

Soul Searching Mama, I've actually camped my way up the Oregon coast!! When I was younger, my aunt, my cousin, and I took a road trip from California up to Washington (where I lived), and stopped at all sorts of places along the way. It was an amazing good time.

Giggly- Christopher promises me a real wedding someday, with a real white wedding dress. Its not that my wedding wasn't special to me, it just wasn't the fairy tale dream come true that I've always wanted.

Mommy Elephant Sarah January 17, 2010 at 1:28 AM  

You know this was one of the more interesting post I've seen like this! Love the photo too. I'll try to play along, but sometimes I'm bad at it too! ;)

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations January 17, 2010 at 6:57 AM  

What fun!! Love the photo of the 2 of you! WE have never been camping either. I had gone as a kid and so did he. I am not a camping person, but we are planning on taking the kids this summer with friends.

Post a Comment