Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Girls Night Out at the North Pole

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Our house is perfectly even in the gender department. Two boys, and two girls. Something that I don't do nearly enough, is have girls nights. Not the kind of girls nights out where you grab your lady friends and go off to the movies or a bar (I don't have enough of those either, but-), the kind of girls nights with just me, and my Elie.

A girls night out was long overdue. Elie got all dressed up in her stylish Christmas outfit, and we met up with our good friend Kristen at the visitors center. While we went with her, the boys went Christmas shopping (only to return home later, completely empty handed). Our first stop was Starbucks. A peppermint latte for me, and a hot chocolate for the little lady. Seeing Eleanore out of her element and in the company of a missed friend, was just what I needed to kick any little last bit of Scrooge out of my system. She was being, an angel, singing along to the fancy melodies that were playing over the loud speaker, and climbing about in the overstuffed chair that she was sitting in.

Our next stop... was the North Pole.

Yep. The, North Pole.


We drove through a long course of beautiful displays and lights, and then went inside to see the big guy with the beard. As soon as we entered the room, Eleanore shouted "ITS SANTA", which was quite the opposite of last years reaction. All eyes turned to us, as she jumped up and down and pointed, nearly pushing her way to the head of the line to meet him. We waited not so patiently until it was our turn, and then when standing beside him- she froze. I'm pretty sure he asked her what she wanted for Christmas, although I couldn't hear what he was whispering, since I was standing back with the camera, but she was too busy sucking on her lollipop and looking off at the fake presents that she was sure were for her.

After our visit with Santa, we got to walk around and see the elves, reindeer, penguins, and other winter wonderland friends that were lining the walls of the room. The only thing missing from our perfect trip, was baby brother Charlie. But then it wouldn't have been a girls night, would it? So we made a promise to go back again next week, when Grammy and Gpa are in town, and this time we'll bring the boys along with us.

11 comments:

considerthelillies December 15, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

sounds like a fun time and making some lasting memories! Have a great holiday!

Unknown December 15, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

Aw, fun! What a lucky lil lady. I meant to go last night... but forgot. Oh well. Hopefully the decorations will still be up next week!

Fallon December 15, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

Looks like a fun way to spend a night the week before Christmas. Jake and I have a Christmas planned evening tonight :)

Johanna December 15, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

awwww, how sweet! girls nights are so special. something your lil elie will remember forever!

Alyssa S. December 15, 2009 at 1:34 PM  

What a cool night for the girls :) I'm taking Amelia back to the theater next Saturday (matinee though...not at night) to see The Princess and The Frog again. She already had a "daddy and me" day with daddy to see it when it first came out.

Giggly December 15, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

How sweet! I love girls night out! Something I need to do more of with my girl. :)XOXOX

Laura Craig December 15, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

Oh Thank you!!!! I had no idea the link was white!!!!! I changed it!!! Thanks!!!!

That was so sweet that you had a girl's night!!! I need to have more of them. Mackenzie and I had a few before Maddybug came along, and even some before Nicholas came along. But, we haven't had one in a while! Well, not unless you call me picking her up from school and running errands and trying to get her in to the Dr "Girl's Time Out!" Not quite!

It looks like you guys really enjoyed your time!!!!

soul_searching_mama December 15, 2009 at 3:55 PM  

Aw, that looked like fun! :) Makes me want my own little daughter to have girls' night with. (Not that I don't enjoy pretending to be a dinosaur or crouching down to look at bugs on sidewalks with my son...) ;)

lollywood December 18, 2009 at 8:58 PM  

it looks like you had a fun girls night! i love christmas and seeing all the christmas lights! i don't know if its the same place, but i think me and my friends went to the north pole to see lights my freshman year at ACU. even if it was a different place, it was really fun!

Post a Comment