Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

The First Day of Fall

Tuesday, September 22, 2009


It doesn't seem right to me, that the first day of fall starts towards the end of September. As far as I'm concerned, fall starts on September first. Just like winter starts on December first, not December twenty first. The whole mid month change, it works for spring and summer. Those are just the leftover seasons, the warmth all blends together, there aren't really any defining holidays in those months. I guess Memorial Day and the 4th of July, but even that doesn't really make sense, because even though I consider Memorial Day to be a summer holiday, its in spring. But like I said, the spring and summer holidays are the bore, to me.

Welcome, fall. We've been celebrating your arrival for twenty days already, its about time you got here. I think we'll get the Halloween decorations out of the garage, today. Warm mugs full of stevia sweetened cocoa, and big bowls full of homemade potato broccoli soup. Fall, you certainly are our favorite.

4 comments:

fookaDESIGNS September 22, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

my favorite too! But then again I love all the seasons...if you couldn't tell. ;) Love your blog!

Alyssa S. September 22, 2009 at 3:32 PM  

Ditto here. If only someone would tell the Texas weather gods to cooperate and make it Fall already!

Anonymous,  September 22, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

Great photo! I love autumn and I am so glad that it's hopefully starting to cool down.

Christina September 22, 2009 at 11:33 PM  

Fallllll <3 But it in the 90's here today, grrr.

Post a Comment