Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

A Sinus Strike

Wednesday, August 19, 2009


As if a sudden attack of the flu last week wasn't enough, I've now been smacked in the face with what I'm pretty sure is a sinus infection. I'm allergic to Texas, and have a small pharmacy set up on my kitchen counter to prove it. I ran out of blue allergen numbing pills last week, and the man of the house, the guy who takes the car daily, couldn't keep it on the top of his oh so busy (obvious exaggeration) memory to stop by the base clinic to pick new ones up for me. Hey, I understand, its not his face that's effected by the pollen and grass seeds. The absence of the immunity boost has taken a toll on my overall health, starting out as just a little sniffle, developing into a complete face and brain cave in. I've since gotten my prescriptions refilled (thank you Christopher, I do love you, I don't mean to nag) (yes I do), but my body has continued with its strike, and I'm now ready to crawl on hands and knees to a doctor, any doctor, that will offer me strong antibiotics and a hopefully some kind of ooey gooey shot in the hip that will make the room stop spinning.

-"nasal irrigation pot with geraniums", by haalexander, $30.00.

6 comments:

Maggie August 19, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

have you tried a neti pot? I keep hearing about them but have never tried one.

Chubby Stubby Kay August 19, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

Oh no! You poor thing :(

Feel better soon!!!

OliveStreetStudio August 19, 2009 at 7:17 PM  

Have you used the Neti pot? I have 3 friends who swear by them, but I'm afraid.....

Tia Colleen August 20, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

No, I haven't tried a neti pot, but its been suggested by several doctors. They kind of frighten me, and call to me, at the same time, haha. I really want to try them. I found that beautiful one on etsy. Maybe if I had one that looked pretty, it wouldn't be so scary.

Anonymous,  August 20, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

Your snot pot is pretty! Feel better!

goodkarma August 20, 2009 at 10:41 PM  

oy, i just choked on my toast over lolly's "snot pot" comment.

i swear by oregano oil. nasty shit, but it works.

feel better!

Post a Comment