Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Gluten free frosted animal cookies.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

For some reason, Eleanore just does not like the Mi-Del animal cookies that we buy for her. They're the cheapest gluten free animal cookies we've come across, so I'm determined to get her to choke them down. But, I want her to enjoy them at the same time, which has been a big failure. Yesterday I was remembering those fun frosting and sprinkle covered animal cookies that I used to eat as a kid. You know the ones I'm talking about, right? The pink and white ones, with rainbow sprinkles? So good. *Ding* goes the light bulb in my head. When Elie went down for her nap, right before Charlie woke up, I crept into the kitchen, double boiled some white chocolate and butterscotch chips, coated the plain-jane cookies, and set them on waxed paper to dry. Just to test the waters. And what do you know, it worked! Now that I've gotten my feet wet, its time to go for a swim. Today I'm going to have Eleanore help me roll the dipped cookies (Christopher ate all of yesterdays) in coconut flour, crushed up peanuts, and anything else we can think to make a mess with. I knew I'd get her to eat those cookies, haha. That's another 10 points added to my mom of the year score.

2 comments:

Unknown April 9, 2009 at 4:55 PM  

I would eat some too!

Sounds great! You are a great mom!

Post a Comment