Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

"And den he leaves..."

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I think I've gone over this whole Santa thing with Eleanore at least 9,000 times a day, every day since the day after Thanksgiving. "On Christmas eve we bake cookies and then set them out with a glass of milk (or in our case, eggnog... gross). We go up to our rooms, go to sleep, and while we're sleeping... Santa comes!! He eats all of the cookies, and drinks all of the milk, and if you've been a good little girl, he fills your stocking with toys, and leaves presents for you under the tree. And then before you wake up on Christmas morning, he leaves! So when we wake up, the cookies and milk are all gone, and there are brand new toys waiting for us!".

This morning, as we were on our way into the kitchen to make vegan, gluten free, soy free, everything free Christmas cookies (my own recipe, if you don't mind me tooting my own horn *toot toot*), Eleanore randomly says "we make da cookies, den he leaves...", in her said-by-a-2-year-old-but-sounds-like-an-old-man voice. Finally, my endless explanation of all that is Santa, has payed off.

*insert happy mama face here*

8 comments:

Sweet Olive Press | Helen December 24, 2008 at 10:39 PM  

Awwww... adorable! Berry just left chocolate chip cookies and baby carrots out too, and is super excited. I hope you'll have a wonderful Christmas – kids make it cool again! And *good luck* with little baby!!

Ms. Jessie December 25, 2008 at 12:27 AM  

freaking adorable!!! Mikey knows who santa is this year for sure. Ellie is soooooo adorable!!!we did cowboy cookies for santa and some fudge with milk. anyways! Loves to you and the family. Hope your Christmas is wonderful and your arent allowed to have Charlie on the 28th, 27th and 29th are cool but not the 28th. Oh who am I kidding have him when he comes. Safe and as painless as possible. XOXO Jesus is the reason for the season..hohoho!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Megan December 25, 2008 at 2:33 AM  

She is seriously too cute. And you are the only other person I have ever met who thinks egg nog is gross. Ick, that stuff is nasty!

PS
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

PSS
My security word is 'pannon.'

Beth December 25, 2008 at 5:45 AM  

Cute!!!

Merry Christmas!

April December 25, 2008 at 8:28 AM  

That's adorable...and the sweetest pics to match!

Egg Nog is Nasty!

Merry Christmas!

Hobocamp Crafts December 25, 2008 at 12:55 PM  

good job girlie!! you done good!
happy holidays
xo

Zu-Li Designs December 25, 2008 at 1:59 PM  

ha ha, that's sweet! Merry Christmas!

jennamichelle January 29, 2009 at 5:52 PM  

I just discovered your blog (in the Etsy forums blog roll call thread) and I can't stop reading it! Your family is adorable. I had to comment on this post because I was a nanny before I moved in with my boyfriend (as I commented before, another wonderful Christopher), and I watched 2 boys. Jared is almost 10 & Jackson is almost 3. Jackson LOVES to talk in this "2-year-old-but-sounds-like-an-old-man" voice. It's hilarious. Cute stuff lady :)

Post a Comment