Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

Lets pounce.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

OK, lets play a new game. If you're not an active etsy freak like the majority of us are, I'll take a quick second to explain what pounce is. Its a feature on etsy that shows you all of the most recently sold items, and the shops that they came from, and what else is available from that shop. Or, you can choose to pounce undiscovered items, which are things from shops that have yet to make their first sale. So, I'm going to pounce, and then try and come up with something to blog about based on what I find. Can you tell I didn't get much sleep? Yeah, you can thank the domestic dispute that went down across the street at midnight for that.

Yarn... Buttons... Black Apple... OH!! Here we go-

Anyone who really knows me, knows that I go out of my mind crazy for Stevie Nicks. Remember that scene in School of Rock, where Joan Cusack is drinking a beer and starts singing White Winged Dove? Yeah, that's totally me. One time I was driving from Portland, Oregon to Woodland, Washington for work, and the freeway emptied out, leaving only me and a tour bus. Driving right beside me, was Stevie Nicks. I think I held my breath the entire time. The bus got off at the amphitheater exit, and I may or may not have cried. I had bought my mom tickets to the concert that night, for her birthday. Do you think she took me? No. She took my dad. THANKS MOM.

What else can we find...

I used to be big on cherries. I still am. But as time goes on, I'm growing even fonder of apples. My kitchen has slowly transformed from a cherry theme, to a red apple theme. I've got cherries tattooed on both sides of my neck, but I think at some point, an apple will have to be added to my canvas. I was thinking of having a Snow White kind of art piece done, with the evil queen handing Snow White a baked apple pie, instead of an apple, since I'm intolerant to cooked apples. Ya know, fructose and all.

I don't have any kind of story to go with these, they're just really cute and I have to have them :)

PS. Don't forget to enter this weeks suck-day giveaway! The contest ends tomorrow morning.

-"Stevie Nicks - Recycled Vinyl Record Journal", by MockTheRock, $22.00.

-"snow white", by GUGAW, $30.00.

-"Stitched Zombie Kitty Mary Jane Shoes - Size 10", by emandsprout, $22.00.

10 comments:

::::Lula Boutique:::: September 24, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

Fun post! I enjoyed reading it. :) Oh and I love pounce too and everything else on Etsy for that matter.

(Desiree/Disarray/D) September 24, 2008 at 12:12 PM  

hooray for pounce!
i love that journal. sweeeet.

jessicajane September 24, 2008 at 12:20 PM  

i love stevie nicks. reminds me of my uncle who loves her, and one of my friends back home. We used to sing stevie nicks quite a bit together.

Impossible Alice September 25, 2008 at 5:19 AM  

Those slippers are beyond awesome, I can see why you had to have them!

Debra September 25, 2008 at 8:03 AM  

Cute slippers!!!!

I love to pounce too.

PussDaddy September 25, 2008 at 8:34 PM  

The shoes remind me of a one-eyed stray cat I took in once.

Mrs.Kwitty September 25, 2008 at 10:20 PM  

Oh yes--I love to Pounce! I get so sucked into it, it's not even funny!

I almost got busted by the cops once when I was sitting at the stoplight with Stevie Nicks turned up LOUD and singing along even louder! lol--they pulled up next to me and gave me a "turn that down" motion and a no-no head shake!
Smiles, Karen

Unknown September 26, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

OMG, I'm obsessed with Stevie Nicks and all things Fleetwood Mac. I didn't speak to my mom for a week when she wouldn't let me go to the Fleetwood concert when I was 16, because it coincided with the Homecoming dance at my high school and she said that I'd be so disappointed to miss a school dance for a concert. Grrrrrr.... I'm still pissed 11 years later.

Post a Comment