Home Chapter One Our Vegan Lifestyle Likes Comment-Free

I think its time.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

You might remember my ramblings about the endless changes that have taken place to my not-so-goldilocks, by reading this entry. And if you never read it, go, hurry, catch up, we'll wait...


...I've since left my hair alone. Have you ever left your hair alone for 5 months? Because its just as bad as the opposite. Finally, finally, I got around to recoloring it black. I did have an excuse for waiting so long, also known as pregnancy, but whatever the reason is, excuses aside, having blah hair makes me feel like crap. So now that I've got the color done (which looks a jazillion times better by the way), I've got to get a cut. A real cut. The kind of cut that you get when you go into a place and sit down and they do it for you. Not the kind that I try to manage myself while hovering uncomfortably over my bathroom sink, resulting in tears and uneven "hipster" edges and layers. I'm honestly not trying to be hip (we all say that right), I'm just a super cool lady on a budget trying to do herself a favor by saving a few bucks, but really ruining her hair for the next year of her life. And sometimes I talk about myself like I'm not here, if you haven't noticed. Anyways, my Grammy sent me $20 in the mail (YES!) as a Christmas in July gift (a silly tradition that my California family takes part in year after year), and I'm going to take it down to an actual hair salon, not a beauty school, and get my hair did. I am. I swear. ...I will. *Looks over shoulder at scissors*.
Image: "Lemon Lime Hair Comb", by RedaretheRoses, $10.00.

6 comments:

BeckyKay August 16, 2008 at 11:27 AM  

Step away from the scissors, Tia! Go to the salon! NOW!

Caroline August 16, 2008 at 3:07 PM  

I always let my hair grow out before I get it cut, because I figure if I'm going to pay $15 for a haircut (not including a tip), I want to feel like a new person walking out of the salon. :)

Ms. Jessie August 16, 2008 at 4:58 PM  

I have a girl here who is toally awesome that I would take you to if you were here.

sideshow stamps August 18, 2008 at 1:56 PM  

ha ~ this is so funny! I do the same thing! I just cut my hair again yesterday actually.. due to budget restraints.. And I wish I could just put down the scissors and go to the salon. I have a friend who does a great job, but I still feel like those scissors call me... It's a challange to see how creative I can be with my hair.. :) ha ha! "hipster edges" indeed!

Hybrid Hopes August 19, 2008 at 2:17 AM  

i go to the hipster place here to get my hair done. i still can't get over my excitement over how many things you can do in this town AND DRINK BEER AT THE SAME TIME. yeah, i know, i can do all those things for the most part at home whilst drinking beer... but still... there are yarn stores that serve alcohol, there's arcades that have alcohol, there are the brew and view type theaters, and then there's Bishops, the hair cuttery and giver of beers. it's like getting free stickers for going to the dentist, but for adults. (i'd go to the dentist more often if i got free stickers, by the way, in case my HMO's listening).

Tia Colleen August 19, 2008 at 9:37 AM  

sideshow, I'm so glad somebody understands what I'm talking about! How did your hair turn out?

Steph. I only had my hair cut at bishops once. Before I was old enough to drink. And I gave the lady a little much creative freedom, which at first made me look more on the lady-lovin side that I was hoping (not that I see anything wrong with girl on girl action, I just didn't want to be misundastood, ya know?), but after a few weeks, it turned out totally cute. And sometimes I still wish I had that bitchin' haircut. Stupid Abilene.

I'm almost glad I'm away from all of the beer temptations. We should find out which places serve sorghum beer, for next time we visit.

Post a Comment